Summer in NE was short but amazing this year. Weather wise for sure. Now that we are in full stride with fall, I thought it important to take note of a few things that will help the transition into this next, notoriously hectic season.
Essential Activity Only
Do things that help you to stay in the "why" state. What do I mean by "why" state? Good question. I mean, "why am I working so much?" "why am I so busy?", "why are there so many things to do?" If you can justify the level of business activity with noble and purposeful things, then by all means carry on. For example, I'm working a lot to provide for my family, and other loved ones who have less. I'm busy now because I want to create more time in the future to do nobler things. You get the idea. If you try to put yourself in the "why" state, and cannot come up with sound reasons for the level of business activity, then it's time to strip things down. I'd suggest reading a great book like Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, it surely helped me.
Body Care With Natural Products
There's also the practical things to do to settle your mind, so you can do whatever the things are in front of you, better. Use products that assist your body, not harm. We all use products daily, for cooking, cleaning, hygiene, etc. Make sure your products are as natural and safe as you can possibly control. The cleaner the product, the better it is for you. Environmental toxins are like "the invisible elephant in the room." It's very rarely considered in questions by your doctor when asking about why you are not doing well. Audit the things you put in, on and around your body. Use products, that not just smell good, but are good to smell. Like my lotion line. Take Sporty LIFE for example. Besides the great effects it has on your skin, muscles and physical benefits, there's the happiness factor it aids in when you take a wiff of it while your rub it on. Most folks who use it say "It feels uplifting" to "I just love the smell" after doing so: with a big smiles on their faces.
Health Begins With Family
Finally, take time to notice changes in the family, for example in my family, as soon as school starts, many people get sick, and my son and I are usually prone to bringing home something. So I boost our immune systems with extra supplements, take extra precaution in sleep, and cleaning items around the home. These steps are just a few. The bottom line is, I know it's coming and the proactive planning helps us to stay a little healthier. Who doesn't want that?!
Best to you as the navigate this ever so busy time of year.
This is the recent press release announcing my new mineral infused skin lotion product line that facilitates faster athletic recovery resulting from increased exertion. There are also lotions for everyday relief of aches and pains and more.
Go to: https://goo.gl/mZ1yMy to read the full press release with downloadable brochure!
It's Summertime in New England Baby!
For those of us in New England, we are all going to get a little more fun in the sun now that Summer is finally here. Yeahh, don't linger on the late start, it just gets your face all wrinkled with a most unhappy look. Instead, let's go all out enjoying as much of this short season as we can.
Here are a few tips that helps us make the most of our summertime seasons:
1) Take care to not overexpose yourself too fast to the sun. Sunburn will come for you. Like winter, any over exposure to extreme weather will do damage. Be mindful, wear hats, visors, and use natural sunblock if you are going to wear sunblock. The unnatural stuff is definitely damaging the environment. Going organic creates a win win. My recommendation, is this one, and if not this one, use ones that have like ingredients.
2) Take care to use products that help with bites, and burns and rashes. My number one product lines are from this Rhode Island company Aidance, located in Woonsocket. Go Rhode Island! Even more awesome is their shop by skin issue link. Their Terrasil product has done wonders on my skin issues. Love their stuff!!
3) Take care to bring Activated Charcoal with you...keep some in your car...so that when you stop anywhere with friend and loved ones, and start eating like you have a tape worm, you don't have to worry too much about eating questionable things that will punish you later. Take about 3-4 pills 30 minutes after eating or drinking too much and this will help tremendously with the negative things consumed. Negative specifically means, negative to your system. My favorite brand Bullet Proof. Charcoal may also lessen any feelings of guilt for said culinary excesses!
4) Obviously, use great lotion products to help keep your skin supple, hydrated and sexy looking. You should know by now which product line I'm going to recommend. If you've seen Blake pointing to himself:
that's why you see me now pointing to my products, as I strongly recommend you "Rub some LIFE into it!" with LifeLotionSES!
5) Finally take care of your feet with high quality footwear. This is usually overlooked in the summer, ($5 flip flops don't cut it folks). So my biomechanical fitness side is about to say things that may not make a ton of sense. Don't worry too much about that, simply be aware of the fact that your body will be happier when you pay attention to your footwear. OK, so you have 26 bones in your feet, and 30 moving joints. That's a lot of action going on in them feet of yours! Wearing the wrong sandals can do you real injustices to your knees, hips and lower back along with your feet. In short, wear minimalist footwear part of the time (or most of the time), it helps to activate your amazing feet. Do NOT wear sandals that have no ankle/heel strap support (a.k.a. flip flops), as your toes have to curl in order to keep them from flying off. It totally jacks up your walking. Just think about how you walk on a hot surface without footwear, and you'll note that the first thing you do is to pull up your toes. What happens? You can barely walk, your strides look like Frankenstein clodding around. That's what happens in footwear that has no strapping, you have to curl your toes and it messes with your walk, your weight distribution, and on and on. Bottom line better footwear, means happier feet, happier feet means happier knees, hips and back. Who doesn't want that during the summer comings and goings?
Well there you have it. Hope these help you make the most of your summer season.
Innovator - Personal Trainer, Sports Nutritionist, Motivational Speaker
(and New Englander!)
Allergy Season In New England Has Begun
This is prime time allergy season for most, especially here in New England, as our season is now in full bloom. Here are some tips I've incorporated over the years to make great improvements to my state of overall health. First, a little history of how bad my allergies were. When I was diagnosed with allergies some 20+ years ago, I ended up on allergy shots for pollen dust mites and mold. If you know anything about allergies, that trifecta meant that I was allergic to something or a few things ALL year long. This miserable lot brought with it hacking coughing, bad headaches and sleep disturbance which caused daily fatigue. I did the weekly allergy shots, many types of pills, and even had sinus surgery --- one of the most painful surgeries I had to recover from. So needless to say, I feel a special place for those who are suffering from this chronic tormentor of good seasons.
Move forward to the now, currently, I have NO allergies. That's not an exaggeration. So how did I do it? I don't want to tell you everything in this blurb, that would take too long. (If you want more even more details, please reach out and I'd be happy to share). Also, this is not a medical or spiritual guarantee that these will work for you. I make no such claims. I'm not that guy. I just know for those who have applied some or all of these principles I'm going to share, they too have had improvements. And at the end of the day, who doesn't want that?! Please note the brands I link below I trust, use and recommend.
6 Tips For Dealing With Allergies
Here are the things I suggest to improve your health to the point of overcoming persistent allergies:
1a. Do a gut flush. My suggestion is Global Healing Center's Combination. Best bowel movements ever!! I know right, it's odd that I'm celebrating the "outcome", but those who are not, want in on this celebration. How often? I do this at the start of a season change, any tough patch of ill health, or anytime I'm starting to feel off.
1b. Do a charcoal cleanse after any questionable or excessive eating or drinking. Best to take 30 minutes after any medication/supplements, as the charcoal could bind and remove their efficacy before they are fully dissolved into your system.
2. Increase your gut flora, two ways, great probiotics, and/or great fermented foods. Don't get stuck with one brand, or one type of food, mix it up every three months or so.
3. Get appropriate water. There are lots of good formulas out there. The one I use is 10 ounces (that's' about a large cup) for every 25lbs. I'm usually weighing in at 175, so that's 7 cups for me. To boot add a little Himalayan salt, just a dash. It will help to re-mineralize your body while further boosting your immune system and all that.
4. Boost the multivitamins during that stress season. For those who know me, they know I ONLY do organic certified real food multivitamins, I suggest you make that your regular thing as well.
5. Increase your intake of Omega 3's. This is big. I recommend Krill Oil.
6. Do a sinus flush daily preferably in the morning before you start your day. Simply fill you hand with water, inhale till the cavities have water in them, then briskly flush out. I'd do this at least 3 times. This is not limited to the mornings, and if you have a moment where you're just being overwhelmed by allergies, I would do that as an aid to calming things down.
There you have it, hopefully this helps with your battles. Please feel free to share which parts of this formula were more noticeably effective for you.
By Rick Smith
Rick Smith is a Personal Trainer, Sports Nutritionist, Motivational Speaker and Inventor of LifeLotionSES Products.