It's Summertime in New England Baby!
For those of us in New England, we are all going to get a little more fun in the sun now that Summer is finally here. Yeahh, don't linger on the late start, it just gets your face all wrinkled with a most unhappy look. Instead, let's go all out enjoying as much of this short season as we can.
Here are a few tips that helps us make the most of our summertime seasons:
1) Take care to not overexpose yourself too fast to the sun. Sunburn will come for you. Like winter, any over exposure to extreme weather will do damage. Be mindful, wear hats, visors, and use natural sunblock if you are going to wear sunblock. The unnatural stuff is definitely damaging the environment. Going organic creates a win win. My recommendation, is this one, and if not this one, use ones that have like ingredients.
2) Take care to use products that help with bites, and burns and rashes. My number one product lines are from this Rhode Island company Aidance, located in Woonsocket. Go Rhode Island! Even more awesome is their shop by skin issue link. Their Terrasil product has done wonders on my skin issues. Love their stuff!!
3) Take care to bring Activated Charcoal with you...keep some in your car...so that when you stop anywhere with friend and loved ones, and start eating like you have a tape worm, you don't have to worry too much about eating questionable things that will punish you later. Take about 3-4 pills 30 minutes after eating or drinking too much and this will help tremendously with the negative things consumed. Negative specifically means, negative to your system. My favorite brand Bullet Proof. Charcoal may also lessen any feelings of guilt for said culinary excesses!
4) Obviously, use great lotion products to help keep your skin supple, hydrated and sexy looking. You should know by now which product line I'm going to recommend. If you've seen Blake pointing to himself:
that's why you see me now pointing to my products, as I strongly recommend you "Rub some LIFE into it!" with LifeLotionSES!
5) Finally take care of your feet with high quality footwear. This is usually overlooked in the summer, ($5 flip flops don't cut it folks). So my biomechanical fitness side is about to say things that may not make a ton of sense. Don't worry too much about that, simply be aware of the fact that your body will be happier when you pay attention to your footwear. OK, so you have 26 bones in your feet, and 30 moving joints. That's a lot of action going on in them feet of yours! Wearing the wrong sandals can do you real injustices to your knees, hips and lower back along with your feet. In short, wear minimalist footwear part of the time (or most of the time), it helps to activate your amazing feet. Do NOT wear sandals that have no ankle/heel strap support (a.k.a. flip flops), as your toes have to curl in order to keep them from flying off. It totally jacks up your walking. Just think about how you walk on a hot surface without footwear, and you'll note that the first thing you do is to pull up your toes. What happens? You can barely walk, your strides look like Frankenstein clodding around. That's what happens in footwear that has no strapping, you have to curl your toes and it messes with your walk, your weight distribution, and on and on. Bottom line better footwear, means happier feet, happier feet means happier knees, hips and back. Who doesn't want that during the summer comings and goings?
Well there you have it. Hope these help you make the most of your summer season.
Innovator - Personal Trainer, Sports Nutritionist, Motivational Speaker
(and New Englander!)